Civilization VI Cheats
Submitted by: David K.
Use a text editor to edit the “Config.ini” file in your Steam Apps folder or the
“DocumentsMy GamesSid Meier’s Civilization 6” directory.
* Find the “DebugPanel = 0” line and change it to “DebugPanel = 1”.
* Save and close the “Config.ini” file.
* While playing the game, press ~ to display the debug panel.
* Select “Reveal All” to reveal the entire map.
* There are also other debug options you can enable.
Now you can easily access Debug Console in Civilization VI in-game. In order to
activate it you just need to PRESS TILDE “~”. It will open a Debug Window, from
there select “Reveal All” option.
If you want to enjoy Civilization 6’s battle systems, it’ll be best to pick up the
Aztecs, Scythia, or the Spartan Greece. Aztecs allow your own territories to have
more tile improvements as their Eagle Warriors convert slain units into Builder
units. Meanwhile, Scythia’s units have bonuses against targeting wounded enemy
units. Lastly, the Spartan Greece units generate Culture per enemy unit killed.
Waging war in the earlier eras yields fewer Warmonger penalties, so feel free to
siege other Civilizations or City States if you need something from them. If you
manage to take every Capital or wipe out every leader in the match, your
Civilization will attain the laborious and difficult Domination Victory.
With Civilization VI now out in the wild, one of the biggest gripes is the camera
control not being mapped to WASD. The good news is that camera keys can be changed
with some simple file editing. To change the camera control keys do the following:
..SteamsteamappscommonSid Meier’s Civilization ViBaseAssetsUI
Open the “WorldInput.lua” file in a text editor such as Notepad or Notepad++
Find the DefaultKeyDownHandler section
Find the line if( uiKey == Keys.VK_UP ) and then make the changes as follows
if( uiKey == Keys.VK_UP or uiKey ===Keys.W)
if( uiKey == Keys.VK_RIGHT or uiKey ===Keys.A)
if( uiKey == Keys.VK_DOWN or uiKey ===Keys.S)
if( uiKey == Keys.VK_LEFT or uiKey ===Keys.D)
Next you need to add the same entries above to the DefaultKeyUpHandler section.
Note that you will also need to rebind the default Attack and Great Works default
keys to something else so your new camera keys do not conflict.
* Go to the Civilization VI installation folder –
C:Program FilesSteamsteamappscommonSid Meier’s Civilization VI.
* Go to Base -> Assets -> Text-> install language –
..SteamsteamappscommonSid Meier’s Civilization VIBaseAssetsTexten_US.
* Then open the file named “CityNames_Text.xml” with any text editor, then search for
the city/civilization that you want to rename. Change the name there and save.
Once you are all done reload the game and you will find your city name changed.
Disable Unit Auto Cycle:
* Go to ..Users\DocumentsMy GamesSid Meier’s Civilization VI
* Then open “UserOptions.txt”
* After that go to “line 60” then change “AutoUnitCycle 1” to “AutoUnitCycle 0”
* Save the file “UserOptions.txt”
* Once you are all done then save (Ctrl + S)
Now you are all set to enjoy the Civilization VI game without Unit Auto Cycle.
Easy Deity Win:
You can win the game on Deity difficulty and score some easy achievements by
taking the following steps.
* Choose your civilization.
* Create a custom game with only “Score Victory” checked, and change the turn limit to 1.
* Load the game and choose the Found City option.
* End your turn as soon as the option becomes available.
* You win the match, just like that, and you will unlock numerous achievements.
This works on any difficulty setting.
When trading with the AI, you can use two major glitchs: 1: Give any strategic or
luxury resources and as much gold per turn as possible, then click the option what
will you give me for this?, the AI will break and will offer insane amounts of gold
and gold per turn just for the resource. 2: Ask for whatever you want from the AI
(cities included) and start putting gold (not gold per turn, only normal gold) until
they accept the deal, then reduce until you’re as close as possible to the required
amount, Ex: 25890 Gold of 26000 required, and click on the option make this trade
equitable, this will break the AI and will ask an amount of gold per turn proportional
to how close you were to the real price. (I bought 5 cities for 3 gold per turn and
a jeans in emperor difficulty). This glitch can also be used in multiplayer matches
that include AI, but will surely get patched soon.